Doug Crompton on Sat, 4 May 2002 22:27:39 -0400

Re: [PLUG] DSL saga webpage

I had no idea I was going to start such a firestorm about a silly page!
The page is no big deal but I intend on continuing the pursuit of this so
I will be adding more info.

As per request I have added  www.crompton.com/Verizon-PUC/Verizon-PUC.html

Which BTW does not look anything like the PDF but the content is there!

Back to the PDF discussion. I have given up on proper HTML conversion of
somtimes even the simplest documents. I publish newsletters for a number
of organizations. They are created in various programs, Ventura publisher,
word, excel, etc. I got tied of crappy conversions to HTML PDF gives me
outstanding conversions. It is not that the content does not look right on
different HTML platforms (that is another problem) it is that it does not
look right period!

Certianly this (DSL) thing does not need PDF. It was that some of the
content was already PDF. I am use to the Microsoft world and I forgot for
a moment that there were dihards that still do everything in console mode.
Hey I like console mode I use it too but I also have a WIN2K box that I do
my real work in - behind the Linux server. The audience I publish to does
not even know what Linux is!

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *