Jeff Dean on Thu, 9 May 2002 14:30:13 +0200

[PLUG] Contract web app with PHP & MySQL: anyone?

My employer is considering a buy decision on a web app that could easily be
handled in PHP with MySQL (or Postgres) with Apache/RH Linux.  If built
ourselves, it could be stand-alone or possibly work under the phpgroupware
API (http://phpgroupware.org).  The result would be returned to the
community under the GPL.

It's a student information system (check out OpenSIS for the idea, but they
have no content yet: http://opensis.org).  The initial deliverable would
include security (LDAP or passwd/PAM based), student/family data and
attendance at the daily and class level, and some reporting and
printing.  I would participate actively, and the contract would be a paid
hourly position with a ceiling.

My guess is that this would be a no-brainer for some of you, and I wanted
to pitch it in general terms before floating the "make" option to the
school administration.  Anyone looking for such work?

Please contact me directly at jdean@collegium-charter for more information. If anyone is aware of a live Open Source SIS, please let me know!

jd