gabriel rosenkoetter on Sat, 11 May 2002 23:00:13 +0200

Re: [PLUG] OT: bad bios battery?

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 02:30:57AM -0400, John lavin wrote:
> Ugh.  Still can't believe I did that.  Tried forcing an IRQ 9 to the
> slot I was putting the second card in. This is not used from what I can
> tell from /proc/pci.  No difference.  I then forced the other net card
> to irq 7.  Nope.

/proc/pci clearly doesn't account for all of the IRQs in use on your
system. Flick your kernel's "verbose booting" switch, rebuild it,
reboot, and see which IRQs dmesg says are actually in use. (No, I
don't know exactly how to do this under Linux.)

> I don't think its a card problem since I swapped out cards and I was
> still fine as long as only one is in.  Regardless - I can live without
> the second card for now, until I get my dsl connection.

I agree with Greg, try a wholly different card, including a wholly
separate chipset. (Unless that's already the case. :^>)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net