Paul on Sun, 19 May 2002 22:10:15 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Fw: Revolution OS

There is a search tool that searches for the best prices on books. That lead me to order from companies I didn't know existed. As a starting point I usually go to Amazon or BN. Amazon usually has better prices compared to BN. Amazon also gives you the option to buy used books from other sellers (I'm sure Amazon takes a percentage).

Amazon needs to make profit. They got a little desparate and weird with the patent thing, but they are also doing some good things. And they do run Linux.

Some of us "poor" people can't afford to boycott a company if it ends up costing us more money. For example, if using Linux was more expensive than using Micro$oft OS'es, I don't think I would boycott Micro$oft. (Then again, Micro$oft is evil.) Since I can get both Linux and Windows for free, I choose to use Linux, but I will use Windows at times.

Anyway, I hope Amazon doesn't get a patent. If they do, another company can beat Amazon without the one-click option by offering better service at a lower price.

Hey, I paid Sears $50 to deliver a dryer to my father. They brought a vent hose (another $10) that was too short and tore it in half while trying to stretch it to fit. They also brought a $10 power cord which my father told them not to install because the old cord is in good condition. They put it on anyway. That's bad service for a total of $70.

I guess I'm rambling.  8-)