Fred K Ollinger on Mon, 20 May 2002 14:53:22 -0400

[PLUG] Re: CDWriter hangs the computer during fixation

> By the way, thanks for the tip about using contr-alt-F1 to reach
> the console without rebooting ... now, how do I get out of the
> console without rebooting ?  I tried quit, stop, exit, all to
> no avail ... only reboot gets me anywhere.

ctrl-alt-f7 will get you back to gui.

Can you try to burn cd w/ cdrecord only?

mkisofs -r -T -o cd.iso path_to_dir_with_stuff_for_cd
cdrecord -dev=DEV_NUM -data cd.iso

You get DEV_NUM by doing cdrecord -scanbus

Fred