Fred K Ollinger on Tue, 21 May 2002 11:23:46 -0400

Re: [PLUG] dvd troubles

> I know there are some restrictions on which kernel versions formatdvd
> will work on.  Any chance that's an issue?  There are also kernel
> patches available, in case you have a version which doesn't have needed
> features.

OK, I'll look into this.

> Hmm, I'm surprised hdd worked here.  I thought the scsi device node was
> needed.  I could be wrong, but I thought mine failed if I tried a hd?
> device name here.

Maybe it lied. I was doing this remotely so I couldn't look for der
blinkenlights.

> If you're successful with the above (single growisofs -Z) command, then
> a 'mount /mnt /dev/scd0' should get you a clean mount.  If not, then
> something is still wrong.

Yes, I'm doing more things wrong. I'll look into this. I'm going to try to
get a rh 'dvd ready' kernel and try again. Thanks for all the help.

Here's my latest failure:

[root@gall] ~> mount /dev/scd0 /mnt/dvd
/dev/scd0: Input/output error
mount: block device /dev/scd0 is write-protected, mounting read-only
/dev/scd0: Input/output error
mount: you must specify the filesystem type

[root@gall] ~> mount -t iso9660 /dev/scd0 /mnt/dvd
mount: block device /dev/scd0 is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/scd0,
       or too many mounted file systems

Fred