Chris Beggy on Wed, 22 May 2002 12:20:57 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Good Books on Machine Learning?

"Kyle R . Burton" <mortis@voicenet.com> writes:

> I couldn't resist picking up Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence Programming:
> Case Studies in Common Lisp" by Peter Norvig, as the table of contents seemed
> to cover an interesting range of topics.  I also was looking at a hard cover
> book titled "Machine Learning" (I can't remember the full title, or the author,
> the cover was light blue) that looked good, but the $108 price tag made me put
> it back on the shelf.
>
> What books have you read?  Which ones would you recommend?  Which ones
> wouldn't you recommend?  Which authors would you recommend?
>
> Are there any on-line resources you've used or could recommend?

http://www.walmart.com has Norvig's PAIP for $52.76 and AIMA for
$56.00 , much cheaper than Amazon, which doesn't discount them.
(For me at least.  Amazon is probably using AI to jack prices up
for books I'm likely to buy.)

Mark Watson illustrates some AI concepts in java at
http://www.markwatson.com/.

Good luck.

Chris