Forge XP on Thu, 23 May 2002 12:52:37 -0400

Re: [PLUG] AS/400 update

> Now that I'm thinking abuot it, these may not be SCA drives. There is a
> single connector interface, which mayu be 80 pin, however, this is adapted
> from the drive, which has a 50 pin connector and a standard power
connector.
> the tray that slides into the backpane is what joins the power and data
into
> a single connector - and from what i read about SCA, this connector would
be
> on the harddrive itself.

You don't necessarily need SCA drives in order to use SCA. All the users I
know get non-SCA drives and SCA adapters like you describe, simply because
you can later use it as a single drive or a simple SCSI layout in a box
without SCA equipment.