Kyle R . Burton on Fri, 24 May 2002 16:50:15 +0200

Re: [PLUG] web apps (more general)

> > I'm curious what thoughts/experience other folks have for writing
> > non-trivial web apps, how to get results quickly, etc.
>
> I'm not sure this is what you want, but you should probably look at it:
> http://pas.sourceforge.net/

I'll second that recommendation. ;)

A previous (the first?) generation of that software was used to create
an e-commerce website that is handling several million dollars of sales
per month.  I'm not sure what it's traffic is at this point, but it was
producing several hundred thasound dyamic page generations a day, with
a relativly low load average on a single webserver (<1.2), though they're
now using more than 1 box for redundancy.

> It's primary developer (?) is on this list.

Yes, I am certin that he is.

That project is just starting a push to write documentation...the most
recent active discussion on the mailing list has been about how Pas can
help prevent XSS attacks implicitly.

Darxus - how did you hear about it?  What has been your level of experience
with it?  Have you done anything with it or is it just something you
know about?  Thanks for the plug (no pun intended).

Kyle