Bill Jonas on Tue, 4 Jun 2002 14:57:09 -0400

Re: [PLUG] off topic, need DSL modem

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 02:11:57PM -0400, Jeff Weisberg wrote:
> nearly all DSL being deployed is ATM underneath. generally
> consumer-grade DSL is (ppp over) ethernet over ATM over DSL
> and business-grade DSL is just ATM over DSL.

Right, the DSL "modem" (router or bridge, really) speaks DSL to the head
end, where the equipment aggregating the traffic speaks ATM to the other
end.  Or something like that.  Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin