Bill Jonas on Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:45:16 -0400

Re: [PLUG] AMD or Intel P4??

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 03:28:28PM -0400, Bill Jonas wrote:
> A little background: For the first several releases of 2.4, I couldn't
> get one to work on my T-bird (symptoms in a moment).

D'oh, correction.  I *meant* to say, "I couldn't get a self-compiled 2.4
kernel to work on my T-bird; the Debian-packaged kernels worked fine."
I was lazy for a few releases until I started comparing the configs and
found a difference that, well, made a difference.

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin