Fred K Ollinger on Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:38:51 -0400

Re: [PLUG] cdrom mounting

> I actually originally learned to mount a cdrom on /cdrom, however things
> and people change.  Linux is different from *BSD or Unix in some ways,
> and that's one of the differences.  Slackware, my distro of choice,
> until recently had /cdrom as the setup of choice, but all too many other
> distros don't and that can be a problem if other software expects to
> find your cdrom at /cdrom.

If something breaks, I'd just symlink both of them together.

I would symlink /mnt/cdrom to /cdrom as debian still employs /cdrom.

Not to be pendantic, but the change b/c /cdrom to /mnt/cdrom is not a
_linux_ choice, but a distro default intall choice, and IMHO, not a big
deal, either way, as one could just create the dirs that they need. If you
use rh, then you can get kickstart to fix this for you if it turns out to
be a headache.

Fred