Bill Jonas on Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:07:58 -0400

Re: [PLUG] multi-user staroffice

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 09:46:20AM -0400, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> Nor have I tried Open Office, which I intend to do.

I'd suggest looking into it sooner rather than later.  It still is slow
to load and eats RAM like there's no tomorrow, but it's better about
things than StarOffice 5 is.  Also, OO recently released their v1.0.

> There is also an emulator (i saved the url and name somewhere) that
> claims to run MS Word well in Linux that I want to try.

Are you thinking about the software from CodeWeavers (makers of the
CrossOver plugin)?

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin