Bill Jonas on Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:14:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Setting up a LinkSys Wireless NIC

BTW, sorry for the repeat of someone else's advice.  I've finally just
now caught up from a few days' worth of PLUG mail and posted before I'd
completed the thread. :)

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 09:55:00AM -0400, Michael Leone wrote:
> Actually, I needed to do a "pump -i wlan0", too; a regular "pump"
> said "Operation failed". It never seems to automatically get a DHCP
> address, even thos I defined it as such; I need to issue a "pump".

It *ought* to.  It ought to run pump, or dhclient, or dhcpcd, or
whatever you have installed.  Unless...

> I *thought* that the system would automatically issue a "pump", once I
> defined the interface as dynamic, but ... oh, well ...

Debian, right?  Try checking /etc/pcmcia/network.opts.

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin