Kevin Brosius on Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:57:38 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PLUG makes Slashdot (sort of.)

Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:

> On 06/17, Kevin Brosius wrote:
> > That's the 'sort of' part.  Maybe a note on the website of other PLUGs
> > is in order.  I've seen Pheonix a couple times, plus 'Prairie', from
> > Canada, stopped by in irc once.
>
> Nah, it's a common phenomenon and I think enough people are aware of
> the issue and figure it out for themselves.  I think this problem is
> also part of why lugs are usually spelled out along with their initials.

I didn't mean to even hint it was a problem.  Sorry if it appeared that
way.  I think it's neat there are multiple 'plug's and that they are all
over the world.  I seem to recall an Australian one, but forget now what
the town was.

I was just thinking out loud about a web mention, because I keep meaning
to maintain my own list.  Look at it kind of like the HAM radio guys and
QSL cards.  A foreign sighting is another location you can chat with a
fellow linux user in.

--
Kevin Brosius