Time on Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:01:56 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Configuring Samba on a Dell Inspiron 7000

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 12:28:07PM -0500, Sean Finney wrote:
> hey, i've heard about this. (/me goes away to type 'apt-get install
> linneighborhood')  pretty cool :)

Yes, he said Redhat, not Debian.

> > Then, within your favorite windowmanager (KDE/GNOME) login as root, open a
> > terminal and type:
> >
> > [root@linuxbox]~$ LinNeighborhood
>
> out of curiosity, why is it necessary to run it as root?  i'm running
> it as a normal user and am not having any trouble from what I can
> tell.

1) I assume zero when I'm trying to assist someone with a question to
prevent unnecessary confusion.

2) Last time I used it Redhat wouldn't allow a normal user to
smbmount/smbumount filesystems. They may have fixed it in this release.

--
Regards,

Time

   13