gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:41:09 +0200

Re: [PLUG] ping

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 05:37:28PM +0200, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> I also want to gather statistics on connectivity to the world past my
> ISP. Are there any folks out there who would be willing to have their
> machine pinged once a minute by me? I promise to make pretty graphs
> eventually. ;-)

You're welcome to ping either of grappa.eclipsed.net or uriel.eclipsed.net
(on Speakeasy DSL) once a minute, on the presumption that this isn't
something you'll be doing for the life of your service, just to for
a month or two to get a feel for what kind of service you're
getting. I'd expect most other people 'round these parts would feel
the same way, as long as you did *ask* first. (You certainly
couldn't top the bandwidth wasted by all the attempted IIS exploits
I see.)

But you'll have to remind me off list that I said that, since I've
been lazy and IPF's dropping pings these days. ;^>

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net