Rebecca Ore on Tue, 25 Jun 2002 06:22:18 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Anyone want to come over with a Windows laptop for Verizon...

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, ian reinhart geiser wrote:

> On Monday 24 June 2002 11:11 pm, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 05:24:00PM -0400, ian reinhart geiser wrote:
> > > umm... to avoid embaresment in the future please read the list archives.
> >
> > Umm... but Sean has Verizon DSL and didn't, to my knowledge, use
> > Windows to set it up.
> Then he must know something that no-one else in this world knows.

Or he had business grade DSL from Verizon, or something other than PPPoE.

> Verizon DSL uses their intaller to generate a first time code that must be
> used to login.  You basicly have to note these values at install time and
> enter them into your PPOE settings.
>
> I have tried to convince Verizon to just make me an account but  they "dont
> have any way to do that"... Either way, without their installer there is no
> verizon DSL.  End of story.

They are working on a Linux version of their install software, according to one
set of people I talked to.

Given that they say that if the end-user doesn't log in within such and such a
period after activation (turns out my number wasn't activated yet, anyway),
they'll turn on the account anyway, that they should be able to generate the
necessary data.

On hold until Verizon really does finish their end.  Blech.  But the DCA.net
line hasn't been terminated yet.

> -ian reinhart geiser

Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net