Arthur S. Alexion on Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:13:19 -0400

[PLUG] Dual booting problem (RH 7.2/grub)

I installed RH 7.2 on a PC with an existing windows installation.
During the installation, I had grub installed in the MBR.

This machine has two physical drives.  hda (1 gb) is the windows c:
boot drive.  It contains all of the windows system files.  hde (40 gb)
is an ata/100 drive.  It has two windows partitions and all of the
linux partitions.

Linux is the default boot and boots fine at that.  Windows will not
boot.  the message is "not a system disk.  remove and install a boot
disk, etc. . . ."

I assume that writing to the MBR confused windows ability to boot, and
have the feeling that the solution is simple.  Nothing about it in the
books I have been using.  Any suggestions.