pinkee on Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:00:47 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Anyone want to come over with a Windows laptop for Verizon...

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 05:08:56PM -0500, Sean Finney wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 04:52:19PM -0400, Rebecca Ore wrote:
> > ...pppoe install?  I have WINE and am willing to try that (a Verizon tech
> > wanted to know if it worked), but WINE didn't appear to be seeing my CDROM
> > drive (perhaps because no disc were in it?).
>
> have you tried the roaring penguin pppoe for linux?  i've used it in
> both linux and netbsd with little or no problems.  in case you haven't
> heard of it, here's the site:
>
> http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/

This is the only pppoe software I used. It is way easier than Verizon's
disc. One thing to watch out for is verizon's magic changing name
servers. A google search will pull up a common list to try when they
change them on you.

pinkee
--
www.cavegirl.org