pinkee on Wed, 26 Jun 2002 00:03:18 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Anyone want to come over with a Windows laptop for Verizon...

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 05:22:02PM -0400, Bill Jonas wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 05:13:35PM -0400, pinkee@cavegirl.org wrote:
> > One big reason Verizon won't do things is so no one can complain about
> > how badly they did them. They want long distance in the Northeast
> > corridor more than they want pain in the ass DSL. PUC complaints are
> > too high for them to get permission for long distance right now. Expect
> > there available services to shrink until they get it.
>
> Odd.  I'm getting my long distance service from Verizon right now.  I
> had called them and was fiddling with the extra services on the line and
> I was asked if I wanted them to handle my long distance service.  For
> $0.08/minute and no monthly fee, I said sure.

Well, *now* I am embarrased. It looks like they have coverage in some
of the areas they serve. Wonder why they won't provide business level
dsl in this neighborhood then?

pinkee
--
www.cavegirl.org