Arthur S. Alexion on Sun, 30 Jun 2002 13:09:20 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Through cell phone to Internet

On Sunday 30 June 2002 11:28 am, Jason Costomiris wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 03:39:07AM -0400, Paul wrote:
> : This is the wife's phone so I'm not sure about it.  Is the one-year
> : contract enforced after the first year?  I mean, if we want to
> : switch to a different company after one year and four months, is it
> : likely that Verizon would try to charge for an early cancellation
> : fee?
>
> Uh, no.  That's why the call it a "ONE YEAR CONTRACT".  If they could
> enforce the one-year contract after the first year, that would
> certainly make it longer than one year, would it not?

Actually, they sometimes try to take the position that, absent a
cancellation on the moment of the anniversary, it renews year to year.
Its unlikely the position is enforcable, though, since it would make it
a perpetual contract, essentially impossible to cancel.