kaze on Sun, 30 Jun 2002 22:43:45 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Through cell phone to Internet - perpetual mobile contract

Watch out, I have Cingular, and whenever you change or tweak your plan they
restart the one year contract. I actually read the whole contract when I got
it, but this was one of those additions they made later and sent with some
junk mail. When I said I never agreed to renewing the contract they said
that under PA law they could use my verbal agreement to the plan changes
over the phone as contractually obligating. Also I believe for me to get out
of it I have to notify them in writing just before the one year anniversary,
then stop using the phone - otherwise it automatically renews for another
year. Another frustrating thing is that not only can't you move numbers
between networks, you can't always move perfectly good phones either.

I plan to go to Working Assets wireless in 2 months when this contract with
Cingular has a non-fee escape window.