multiple seriousity on Tue, 2 Jul 2002 08:59:57 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Through cell phone to Internet - perpetual mobile contract

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> > BTW, my Nokia 6160 will not work with Linux to get a laptop onto the
> > 'net...
>
> The laptop software that lets you use the phone as a modem is usually
> just a dialer.  Have you tried manually dialing your ISP, then manually
> starting your pppd?

It won't work.  Because that cellphone is NOT capable of modem capability.

This is the major issue in this discussion.  Like the person said
before.. I don't want to keep beating a dead horse, but that is the
issue.. (I will however argue with his idea that "none of the nokia
cheapies can do it" heck, I spent a lot of my Nokia 'cheapie' that can do
it. :P  he just needs to get a cellphone that is capable of acting as a
modem.
--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com
Creative Arts Resource Project : PTMaterials Exchange : www.pleasetake.org