Noah Silva on Fri, 5 Jul 2002 11:43:47 -0400

Re: [PLUG] toasted video card

I use ATI Radeon cards.  (I use one, but i have an older one laying here
I used to use).  They do 3d, but I almost always use them for 2d.  I got
them because they allow dual monitor and very high res. at a good
refresh rate with a stable signal.  Mine runs in 1600x1400 and sometimes
19xx x 16xx.  My older one is the same, it just was slightly slower at
full-screen video when in the higher resolutions because it didn't have
DDR.  Like I said I don't use the 3d stuff that much either, though it
can play tux racer and things like that fine.

 -- noah silva