Arthur S. Alexion on Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:10:09 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Comcast or Verizon DSL for Linux laptop?

On Friday 12 July 2002 10:56 am, Rebecca Ore wrote:
> Yes, it does appear to be the case that they're blocking file
> transfers in AIM. My niece is testing this with me and says that a
> lot of businesses and universities are also blocking this due to
> viruses and such.

Nothing seems to be blocked on my comcast connection (except the
firewall stuff I set up).

Since you brought it up, I sure have been getting a lot of viruses in
my eMail this week.  Seems to average about 3/day.  All have a
different "cover message", appear to be from different senders -- none
of them known, but are about the same size, contain a windows
executable, an ms jscript part and some other 0 byte part.  Whenever
this happens, I get a warm feeling knowing we have no windows internet
connections.