Art Clemons on Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:10:09 +0200

Re: [PLUG] gaim-kit-aim

Arthur S. Alexion:
GAIM works fine, but I am usually working in KDE, and I understand that GAIM is a gnome app, and that using gnome apps in kde hogs a lot of resources.

GAIM doesn't hog that much in the way of resources whether running in
Gnome or KDE. It also allows one to have AIM, MSN, Yahoo and other such IM setups running in one application. In fact, I can run GAIM on a 32 Meg 486 without noticeably slowing down the 486. The Linux AOL client while functional consumes more in the way of resources than GAIM.