Mental on Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:55:48 -0400

Re: [PLUG] gaim-kit-aim

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 12:02, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> To sum up this thread, I tried Kinkatta at JP's suggestion and it seems
> to work fine.  I'm going too try it for a couple of days.  While it
> does not retrieve buddy lists from the server, it does import them from
> GAIM quickly and flawlessly.
>
> Art Clemmons appears to be right that gaim may require loaidng the gtk
> library (not the entire gnome set), but it non the less consumes very
> few resources and seems to be the most mature product of those
> available.  So, I'll take his word that gaim consumes fewer resources
> than AOL AIM.
>
> I'll try Kinkatta for a while and see if I like it.  Otherwise, I'll
> use gaim.

I use gaim. I realize this is late in the discussion, but I'll point out
that gaim's perl api  makes it trivialy easy to write plugins like
say.... integrating gpg.

--

Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

I was in the grocery store.  I saw a sign that said "pet
supplies."  So I did.  Then I went outside and saw a sign that
said "compact cars"...
--Steven Wright

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/pas/Mental.asc