Arthur S. Alexion on Mon, 22 Jul 2002 18:40:09 +0200

Re: [PLUG] gaim-kit-aim

To sum up this thread, I tried Kinkatta at JP's suggestion and it seems
to work fine.  I'm going too try it for a couple of days.  While it
does not retrieve buddy lists from the server, it does import them from
GAIM quickly and flawlessly.

Art Clemmons appears to be right that gaim may require loaidng the gtk
library (not the entire gnome set), but it non the less consumes very
few resources and seems to be the most mature product of those
available.  So, I'll take his word that gaim consumes fewer resources
than AOL AIM.

I'll try Kinkatta for a while and see if I like it.  Otherwise, I'll
use gaim.

One observation.  Kinkatta to enourmous amout of time to compile.  make
took about 3 hours.  At times I thought my system had locked up.  It is
not a very big program, and I don't know why.