Paul on Sat, 27 Jul 2002 01:21:21 -0400

Re: [PLUG] MORE wu-ftpd questions...

Respectfully... All this configuring you're doing, stop it! It should just work. I really think you're breaking things by configuring the service using outdated information.

Nothing respectful about what you said.

I shared my opinion to be helpful. It sounded like you just wanted to get FTP working, which is easy if you don't mess around too much. If you want to customise and dig into details, then I understand why you might have some problems. More than once have I done something like recompile a stock kernel to have it blow up at boot! I don't know if you didn't like what I wrote or how I wrote it, but I just tried to state my opinion as clearly and directly as possible. I was going to tell you to take it the way you want, but I will apologize instead. Sorry.