Jeff Abrahamson on Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:40:09 +0200

Re: [PLUG] reading old jpeg format?

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 07:19:54AM -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 10:47:58AM +0200, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> > I have an image from my former life as a Mac user. Neither gimp nor
> > ImageMagick knows how to open it.
>
> What does file(1) think it is?

File(1) says "data".

Sorry, I should have said that. I also combed it with strings, perused
it with emacs in fundamental and hexl modes, and googled on suspect
strings.

> # HSI is Handmade Software's proprietary JPEG encoding scheme
> 0 string    hsi1    JPEG image data, HSI proprietary

The first couple hundred bytes were all zeros.

--
 Jeff