gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:30:11 +0200

Re: [PLUG] reading old jpeg format?

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 02:20:01PM +0200, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> File(1) says "data".

Uck.

What error message does ImageMagick give you? How 'bout xv(1)?

Would you mind letting folks here (erm, me ;^>) play with the file?
(Or does that compromise the "figure it out yourself" part too? ;^>)

> Sorry, I should have said that. I also combed it with strings, perused
> it with emacs in fundamental and hexl modes, and googled on suspect
> strings.

Are you sure the file isn't just damaged? (Have you considered
endian problems? Line-break problems?)

> The first couple hundred bytes were all zeros.

Ugh. Again, damaged? How about copying the file and blowing away all
the leading nulls, does that make it (more) readable?

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net