Michael Leone on Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:28:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] DSL, Cheaper..

multiple seriousity said:
> On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Michael Leone wrote:
>> > or other broadband but find $50 (49.95) too much of a difference
>> between what dialup charges, or just don't want to spend that $50.
>> The key... ?
>
>> I used to pay $20 a month for dialup,
>
> Like I said. . I pay $0 for dialup, and I have been paying $0 for dialup

Perhaps you should post details on where to get free dialup; some of the
other PLUGgers might be interested.

>> and another $22-25 a month for a second phone line (so I wouldn't miss
>
> Most people, I would think, don't have a second phone line.  But even

True. These are usually the people I can never call directly; I either get
a busy signal (more likely), or voicemail. :-)

>> 1200%+ speed increase for 11% price increase seems like a reasonable
>> difference to me. :-)
>
> Not if it doesn't fit your budget.  New costs don't really fit my
> budget, but I also realize that I want to get locked in at a $40 rate,

It doesn't fit everyone's budget. But then, you could say that about many
services - cable TV, cell phone, etc.

> Oh, BTW, if you have the Local Package or better... (Local Package,
> Local Package Metro, Local Package Plus, or MAYBE (I'm not sure about
> this one) Local Package standard Metro) Verizon will give you DSL for
> $34.95

Good to know.

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone
Public Key - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.asc>

Some days you're the pigeon; some days you're the statue.

Random Thought: