Arthur S. Alexion on Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:47:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] DSL, Cheaper..

On Thursday 29 August 2002 09:24 am, Michael Leone wrote:
> > Oh, BTW, if you have the Local Package or better... (Local Package,
> > Local Package Metro, Local Package Plus, or MAYBE (I'm not sure
> > about this one) Local Package standard Metro) Verizon will give you
> > DSL for $34.95
>
> Good to know.

Is there anyone else on this list that doesn't do ANY business with
Verizon?  I saved a lot by switching my local service to AT&T (they
waive all business per minute charges), and there's Teligent and USLEC,
all three of which claim to provide high speed access.  Anybody tried
them and have any comments?  (AT&T's been fine for regular voice and
fax lines, but I haven't tried their high speed data access.)