Arthur S. Alexion on Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:09:21 -0400

[PLUG] help: kde desktop icons gone

This has happened a few times and restarting KDE has always brought
them back.

Problem: KDE desktop icons don't show on desktop.

Details: The icons are there. They show up with 'ls'.  They show up in
the Konqueror file manager.  They just don't show up on the desktop.

I've had problems with them rearranging themselves on restart.  I've
had them disappear mid session before, but restarting KDE always
brought them back.

Not this time.  I've tried switching settings on Configure Desktop to
see if that brings them back.  No dice.

Any ideas?