Jason Costomiris on Sun, 15 Sep 2002 15:40:09 +0200

Re: CD ripping (was: Re: [PLUG] un-upgrade in debian)

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 09:04:22AM -0400, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
: I just installed a USB port in preparation for buying a portable mp3
: player.  The machine has no windows usb support.  Can anybody direct me
: to an article or something that explains my options for using linux to
: upload to these devices.

That depends (heavily) on the player.  If it's a Rio 500, there's excellent
support, via the rio500 module (part of the USB support in the kernel).
There are others that are supported, but I don't know which, and to what
degree.

I just recently got a Creative MuVo, and it's great.  Plug in the USB "stub",
and mount it as a vfat filesystem.  Copy your MP3's in and you're golden.

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.
                    My account, My opinions.