gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:53:39 -0400

Re: [PLUG] fdisk partition problem

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 02:03:12PM -0400, Doug Crompton wrote:
> I susccessfully mounted and backed up my primary drives partitiions to
> identical partitions on the backup drive.

Good.

> I guess the fdisk change of heads and cylinders worked and it just needed
> a reboot - which I guess you should do anyhow when you fdisk.

In general, it shouldn't matter. You should only need one downtime
to add a new disk (the physical addition). You should be able to
format and begin using it immediately.

I'm not too sure what the problem really was in your case, and I put
off replying with questions for long enough that you don't have the
test case any more. Sorry. :^>

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net