gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 16 Sep 2002 20:32:15 -0400

Re: CD ripping (was: Re: [PLUG] un-upgrade in debian)

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 08:15:47PM -0400, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> I'm afraid to have it running - hdd and cd spinning and all -- the way
> I drive ------ i.e. when the car is moving.

Heh. Either you drive more recklessly than I, which I sincerely
doubt, or you paid way more for your laptop than I did. :^>

Mine stays nestled at the back of the passenger seat pretty
reliably. I think it's maybe dumped on the floor once or twice in
hard braking. Turns out there's not much there for which I lack
spare parts (IBM ThinkPad 760s being just about as common as sand on
eBay, and cheap too). But, in any case, maybe more for me than you.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net