John McElroy on Sat, 28 Sep 2002 09:41:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] CD Burner Recommendations

Plextor CDRWs have got consistently great reviews but the Lite-On brand has also been favorably reviewed and are significantly cheaper.

I have 2 TDK burners, a 24/10/40 and a 12/8/24.  I've had both working under Linux without any problems at all burning full ISO images, mp3s and backups.  I did have a Yamaha for a short time but could not get it to work properly under Linux so I returned it for the TDK.

All have been IDE drives which require you to use the IDE-SCSI driver.

I use X-CD-Roast front-end to do most of my burning.