Mike Leone on Mon, 7 Oct 2002 23:30:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] The Red Hat speaker

* Bill Jonas (bill@billjonas.com) wrote this on 10 07, 02 at 22:07:
> On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 09:41:18PM -0400, Iman Mayes wrote:
> > What happened to the speaker from Red Hat paying us a visit?
>
> Several people got this in their mailbox today (I'm sure the sender
> won't mind a forward to the list since it was sent to about a dozen or
> so people initially anyway):

And more didn't get it in their mailbox .. :-) Thanks for forwarding.

> ----- Forwarded message from Kathleen Langhi <klanghi@redhat.com> -----
>
> Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 17:01:43 -0400
> From: Kathleen Langhi <klanghi@redhat.com>
> To: [Lots-o-folks]
> Subject: Red Hat Road Tour 2002
>
> Hi all -
>
> My name is Kathleen and I am helping put together a Red Hat Road Tour
> kicking off (tentatively) Oct. 31.  At this point in time, it looks like
> our road team will be in the your area Nov 3, and we would
> like the opportunity to spend some time with you.  Please note that this
> is still tentative and things might change.

Cool.

> We got a note from a couple of people in response to our Under the Brim
> contest
> saying we should stop in Philadelphia...so we are!  We will be stopping
> in at Ursinus College Saturday night and then will remain in the area on
> Sunday.  We realize Sunday is not the best day, but there are two

Ursinus is WAY far from Philadelphia proper. :-)

The only (I think) public transportation method is the Route 93 bus from
Norristown, and even then it is 30 minutes from Norristown.

I know that coming from Center City Philly, I take the R6 to Norristown, and
then the 93. You're looking at 50 mins or so on the train, and another 30 on
the bus. And the bus doesn't run later than 10PM on Sat, and 6PM on a Sunday.

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone
Public Key - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.asc>
Registered Linux user# 201348