Rahul Karnik on Wed, 9 Oct 2002 17:30:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PLUG Website Maintenence

Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> I think a write once, present how you want it solution makes a
whole lot of sense.

How would this be done? Redirecting people automatically depending on which browser they were using? Or is it user-customizable (say using cookies)?

> I don't understand the resistance.

Two separate issues here:
1. Should we use a CMS?
I think there are no serious objections to this, if the maintainers are willing to deal with the overhead.

2. Should our site be more graphical than it is?
This is the wide open question. Ideally, it could be graphical and degrade gracefully for less bloated ;) browsers.

All right, who really uses lynx here as their primary browser? I jump on the "no flash, no page-sized ads, etc." bandwagon, but these "features" can be turned off in any modern browser. And have the lynx users actually tried pointing it at the website that Iman has set up?

Thanks,
Rahul
--
Rahul Karnik