Arthur S. Alexion on Wed, 9 Oct 2002 19:30:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PLUG Website Maintenence

On Wednesday 09 October 2002 05:18 pm, Rahul Karnik wrote:
>  > I think a write once, present how you want it solution makes a
>
> > whole lot of sense.
>
> How would this be done? Redirecting people automatically depending on
> which browser they were using? Or is it user-customizable (say using
> cookies)?

I haven't tried it myself, but have looked into it.  My understanding
is that the script detects the requesting browser, and presents the
data using a presentation template geared toward that browser.

It is an alternative to gracefully degrading markup.