gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 9 Oct 2002 19:40:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PLUG Website Maintenence

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 07:13:31PM -0400, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> I haven't tried it myself, but have looked into it.  My understanding
> is that the script detects the requesting browser, and presents the
> data using a presentation template geared toward that browser.
>
> It is an alternative to gracefully degrading markup.

It's a bad one. Any time you try to actively detect a browser, it
implies that you've built content specifically geared to that
browser. Why? What purpose does that serve?

Just serve up valid HTML all the time and you NEVER HAVE TO THINK
ABOUT THIS.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net