Paul on Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:40:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Linux Business Forum

>I was reading about the profile of IT managers. I read that they tend
>to come from other disciplines like accounting or general management and
>not computer science or engineering. No wonder the economy is falling
>apart! 8^) (Don't let that start a new thread. I really don't know
>anything about economics!)

Please. That should totally be modded down to flaimbait. Saying that Finance people can't be successful in IT is like saying that IT people can't be good at management. Both wrong.

I was just sharing what I had read, and the smily face means that I was joking about the economy. For real flamebait read this: (Sorry...another joke.) If Finance people did well in IT they would be doing real IT work instead of just managing real IT workers! 8^) Oh, well, maybe I'm not funny.