Arthur S. Alexion on Tue, 12 Nov 2002 00:10:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Business DSL reccomendation?

On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 12:11, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 03:20:39PM -0500, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> > DCA's business pricing was far higher than everyone was getting on
> > their personal pricing.  Most DCA subscribers on this list with
> > personal plans were talking about total pricing of about $50/month.  I
> > called about a business plan and was quoted a minimum of $160 or more.
>
> That's universal, though.
>
> Part of a "business" contract is a service level agreement. No home
> user has that. (Granted, I don't care, since I can fix most problems
> that aren't in the CO myself, but...)
>
> --
> gabriel rosenkoetter
> gr@eclipsed.net

Its universal because they can.  I have had business telephone service
for 11 years now, and the only thing I get more of is paper comprising
my bill.

With telephones, it was always that the business customers were
subsidizing cheap residential phone service for all.  I suspect that is
the unspoken philosophy behind business broadband pricing.