Stephen Gran on Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:11:14 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Ldap Auth and debian

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 10:57:07AM -0500, Ian Reinhart Geiser said:

> On Wednesday 13 November 2002 01:22 am, Chuck Peters wrote:
> > Did you try adding pam_ldap.so to /etc/pam.d/login?
> >
> No for some reason debian dosent do it that way... or at least from how it
> looks, since everything but login works and there is no mention of ldap in
> the pam.d dir.
>
> I tried to copy my working pam.d files from my suse box to the debian box, and
> did not change anything, so its got to be some hidden feature on debain.
IIRC, you need a line like:
auth    sufficient  pam_ldap.so
in /etc/pam.d/login.

I have also seen some other ways to fall back on system accounts if that
fails -
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2001/debian-devel-200104/msg01187.html
for one such way.

HTH,
|Stephen Gran                  | By trying we can easily learn to endure       |
|steve@lobefin.net             | adversity.  Another man's, I mean.   -- Mark  |
|http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | Twain                                         |