W. Chris Shank on Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:20:08 -0500

Re: [PLUG] NTFS --> to ? Conversion

Linux already supports NTFS (to some degree anyway) - and it is
distributed with the kernel. I agree that scratch-space would be
necessary. Maybe the conversion tool would copy the entire windows partion
data to a network share - reformats it as ext3 and then copies it back? If
it did so automatically and reliably, then it would be an In-Place
migration from the perspective of the user doing the migration.