W. Chris Shank on Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:51:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Playing with Fire?

I meant configuring the modules - ie: getting ethernet, firewire, sound,
pc-card,USB devices etc. to load correctly. Then there is the font server
configuration so i can get AA fonts. RH8 and Madrake have decent hardware
recognition and cofigure this stuff for me. Last time I used debian
(progeny)  - it didn't even recognize the 2x CD-RW on my desktop box.

Will debian find and setup this stuff? Having to do that manually gives
credance to saying "Linux is only free if your time is worthless" - and I
don't have the time to spend days getting that stuff working.

But I may give it a try - if nothing else than to test my backup image
restore ability!

Chris