Bill Jonas on Sat, 30 Nov 2002 18:20:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] [debian question] Using journaling fs with woody install

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 11:02:21AM -0500, Mike Leone wrote:
> I'm trying to install woody (aka Debian v3). Here's the thing - the disk I'm
> using already has ext2 and ReiserFS partitions. I figured I'd just
> initialize the partition (to clear it), and then mount it. But when I tell
> it to initialize a Linux partition, it initializes it as ext2 ... even tho
> fdisk shows it's type as ReiserFS, during the "Partition a hard disk" phase. :-)

Hmm.  Every woody install that I've done has given me the choice of
which filesystem to use.  It's let me pick between *at least* ext2 and
ext3, and I'm fairly sure that ReiserFS was included in the list of
options as well.  Are you certain you're not just missing it somehow?

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin