John McElroy on Thu, 28 Nov 2002 19:20:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] [debian question] Using journaling fs with woody install

Just be aware that the bf2.4 image uses the 2.4.XX kernel instead of the 2.2.YY kernel.  I installed debian 3.0 using the bf2.4 image in order to have the 2.4 kernel and the ext3 and Reiser filesystems.  Works well for me.  You can either boot using CD1 and specify the bf2.4 image or boot off of one of the other disks in the 7 CD set directly to the bf2.4 image.